Happy Birthday to Moi, Part Un

Uncategorized

Yes, it is my birthday. 43 to be exact.  I spent the entire week thinking my birthday was Sunday.  This is how in “tune” I am with my special day.  Last night, Mark asked me what I want for breakfast as we are falling asleep, I said, nothing, I am making Cinnamon Rolls for my birthday on Sunday.  He laughed and had to tell me my birthday was today!!!!

So….I have 43 things planned for Monday, I know you are on the edge of your seat.

Today, I am celebrating.

By doing not much at all!

I started my day doing what I love.  Dumpster diving!  I found this chair next to an Apartment Dumpster.  You know (the gated one, where I rush in when someone comes out?)  They must have known it was my birthday because I did not have to wait at all to get in!  And! The first dumpster I checked, here it was, my present:

As my second fantabulous present, my sweet husband is repainting our bedroom, which is the first part of the Master Bedroom Makeover.

He is pretty cute isn’t he?

This afternoon we are heading to Berkeley and Oakland to do….guess what?  Check out thrift stores!  (I might check a dumpster or two too, it is the end of the month)

Here, the Grand Daddy of the Thrift:

And then here, if Mark is still standing and his eyes haven’t rolled back in his head:

And finally, a romantic dinner for two at one of our favorite restaurants.

They even play one of my favorite songs from “The Gypsy Kings” (I LOVE THEM!!!!) at their website!

Djobi Djoba

Happy Birthday to Moi indeed!

16 Comments

1. Lilly

Oh Happy Birthday! Funny, on my birthday I did my favorite thing-I went to thrift stores too!! Ummm, beautiful chair! Please, post pics of the treasures you find! Tomorrow is the “Antiques by the Bay” if you have time.

2. Helen

You going to Alameda? I am in space T6 – the corner. Look for me, and say hi if you would like to. It’s going to be windy, but a beautiful day. I know you will find lots of treasures.

3. JoAnn

Happy Birthday! You cracked me up with having the days off…I did that last year. My daughter had to remind me that my birthday was the next day. Sounds like you have had a fabulous day 🙂 (Nice chair btw…)

4. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co.

Happy Birthday!!! And what better way to start the day than dumpster diving – you are too funny! Hope you enjoyed your day and that the coming year is filled with sweet surprises!

5. Penny @ The Comforts of Home & Flea Market Makeovers

Happy Birthday!!

6. cassie

MUAH! happy birthday, my dear friend! i hope this year treats you like a diumpster- full of excitement, mystery, and hidden treasures.

7. Liz C.

Give me a break! You look 15! Happy birthday to someone who has amazingly wonderful genes & incredible talent….

8. Kristy

Happy Birthday dear Karen. You are hilarious! Love the line … they must have known it was my birthday … and … here it was, my present. At 40 something we are intitled to 2 days aren’t we so rest and relax today as well.
    Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

9. Lisa

Happy Birthday and year ahead, Karen!!

10. Vanessa

Happy Birthday sweet friend!! I absolutely love your idea of a dream day and hope you had an awesome time! 🙂
    Vanessa

11. shelly andrade

Sounds like my kind of birthday. You are so taking me to Urban Ore Ecopark when I come to visit! Enjoy your birthday weekend. I knew your birthday was on Saturday, but I too was mixed up on days since the kids started spring break on Friday. That’s why I wished you happy birthday a day early. I went through the whole day thinking Friday was Saturday until my neighbor said “I’ll be here in the morning to help you paint”. I’m like, “Beth, tomorrow’s Sunday” – lol! Zazzooz!!

12. Thereasa Gargano

OMG!! my old stumping grounds. Grew up in Oakland, SF and Berkeley. Are you from the Bay? The last time I made a trip to visit my girls in Berkeley, last Oct the Ore was a disappointment. I hope you found some goodies.

13. Debra@CommonGround

The best present in the world is having a great husband, and you look like you do! Yay!! hope you had a great day!

14. Mandy

Happy belated birthday Karen! Mine was on Friday (the 30th)! Wish I could say that I turned 43 :-).

15. S.H.

Fun Weekend! Happy Birthdays. You deserve it. You are talented and incredible- a good
    mom and great wife!

16. Catherine

I’ve been “off line” for the week and missed your day!
    So–
    Joyeux Anniversaire à vous mon ami!

Submit a Comment