Trashy Thursday????

Le Junque

🙂 I love to see the junque you come up with! I don’t think I have the energy for what you do!! But if I had the space to store and work on stuff I might just give it a try! Every time I come over here I feel like getting out there and finding my own pile of junque!

2. Of course we are silly ~ with our noses pressed up against our monitors waiting in anticipation! I LOVE tat throw!!! Can I have it?? It would go perfect in my girls rooms! You lucky dog you 😀

3. You never cease to amaze me with the cool “junk” you find… for FREE! You go, girl!

4. patty says:

Awesome. Love the stuff you find! I have to leave most of the stuff I find because I don’t have an outlet for it if I brought it home to work on it. I’ve been talking to another junquer and we think our area needs some sort of event where like-minded people can buy and sell our vintage and chippy lovelies. We just don’t know how to make it happen. Our little town used to be known for its antique stores, but they have slowly disappeared one by one. So, I live vicariously through you and the other wonderful bloggers who do what I’d love to do. My mom and dad used to refinish furniture so we have the tools, equipment and stuff. Just need that last important stop…a place to sell it ! Gotta put on my thinking cap for awhile. But you keep up the good work….and bring inspiration to us what need it !

I don’t even bat an eye at something ugly you bring home because I know you can transform it to something excellent.

~Bliss~

6. Becca says:

All this stuff is so amazing! Where do you keep it all?!

7. Katherine says:

They put it “so far off the road” so YOU wouldn’t find it! lol lol
    Good work, “Junque Queen!”
    Want to see the “redous!” kl

8. Carla says:

Congrats on getting through the depths of computer hel* without any mental/emotional damage! Love all these projects, and of course, your stories that describe their unique journeys.

I have a question, which I tossing out to you and to anyone who wants to chime in — do you just drive around the backs of places like Wal-Mart or wherever, and take what is put out by the dumpster? I’ve asked managers of such places before and they do NOT want me relieving them of what they see as trash, but I disagree! Any techniques or advice on finding such things?

9. Rita O'Dwyer says:

I would love to do what you do, but I have no idea where to find these neat bits of junk. I’d be wary of driving behind a store to “relieve” them of their broken/cast off goodies or climb in a dumpster because I’d be afraid they’d call the police. No problem?????

10. Sleepyheadedmom says:

I love reading these posts. I’ve always loved dragging home found furniture and fixing it up but right now my current place is too tight on space to work on things. This is killing me! I can’t wait to move!

11. Jayne says:

I look forward to seeing your “finds”, you’ve opened up a whole new world of possibilities for what was once considered trash 🙂

12. So many great finds! As always … that hutch could be so cool!!

13. Piper says:

I so wish I could “see” potential in trash???

14. You actually went into the dumpster!! I know your usual rules of dumpster diving don’t include that – but the frames were worth the climb!

And I’m sure you were rocking your greasy hair at 6am!

15. Linda says:

I am always amazed at your vision for the future of your junk! I too am a dumpster diver but I leave much behind if I can’t think how to redoux it. From now on I will rescue it and send you a photo for suggestions on how to make it fab! Hey that sounds live a regular blog idea. Think about it! Share your vision!

Have a lovely day,
    Linda @ The French Hen’s Nest

16. Lori says:

That fabric is GORGEOUS!!