Trashy Tuesday, The Gap Band, my junque and moi.

Le Junque

1. Jayne says:

What a great haul! I’m amazed at what people throw out, no wonder we have overflowing landfills!

2. Denise says:

LOVE all the Gap bands songs, true soul music at its best!! Dive on!!

that is one fine looking frame…. nope, not bad at all!

Wowza. The early bird DOES beat the competition. And I realized, we have two cabinet manufacturers close to us, I should be hitting their dumpsters!

Bliss

N-e-v-e-r pas up wood. Even if it’s still in some ugly furniture form that can be taken apart!
    And never pass up on old kitchen cabinet doors–they’re usually thicker, solid wood that is expensive to buy!
    **Thought you were going to quite DD’ing for a while–?? Times up already–?! ; D

6. The frame is great! I have a thing for big old gilded and decorated frames. If you ever find really ornate frames with pieces chipped off, they can easily be repaired with spackling compound and cake decorating tips and bags. Once you are done repairing it, wait a week or so to paint and you won’t even notice the repair.

7. Kris says:

Wow you scored some great treasures!!! I love the frames and ohhhhhh that baby cart made into something will be great. I love the look of the legs and wheels on that little treasure. I can’t wait to see what you do with that piece. Glad you found your hubby a new golf bag. I think he will look and probably play better with the more masculine one!!!!!
    Kris

8. Desiree says:

That first pic of the load down truck cracked me up!!!!!!

9. Desiree says:

… LOADED down! 😀

10. Of course I rocked out on my boom box to the Gap Band. But I hate getting up early – and that guy is sort of creepy!

It’s a dumpster dive throw down – and I think you’re going to win!
    K

Just tell Mr. Competition to step away from the dumpster, it’s already claimed! … You clearly love the thrill of the hunt Karen! And so glad your hubby got a new golf bag!

12. Holy Junkfest, Batman! I’m so wishing I was riding shotgun with you. Two is better than one, you know, and maybe we could have intimidated Mr. Competition. I love all the great spots you have to stake out. Pretty soon it sounds like you’ll have to claim a spot in line like people do for black Friday.
    Liz @ Quirky Vistas