L’évolution of my Free To Me Desk

Furniture and Cabinetry Redouxs, Furniture Makeovers

1. Kris says:

Ok my dear that desk came out fab. I can see where it would get snatched up quickly. I love the wedding photos. Your daughter is beautiful. Looks like her mom. Have a great week.
    Kris

2. Trish says:

Awesome job on the desk. Cute daughters! Congrats

3. Anna says:

I have a desk just like this that has been sitting in my garage since last Fall when I picked it up. I did not know how to paint the top, or if it would even paint. when you initially painted it the first time did you have to sand it down or anything, or just prime and paint. I have not tried CC Caldwell paint yet, but I am thinking I am going to have to get me some for this desk I want in my office.
    Thanks
    Anna

4. Susan says:

I cannot believe the great stuff you find on the side of the road… It’s crazy!

That little desk is lovely! And so was the bride – would love to see more wedding pics 🙂

6. Donna Wilkes says:

I love a good story about an orphaned piece of furniture who turns into the beautiful princess. Brita is radiant in the photos!

7. Jayne says:

I can’t believe someone would throw out that desk! And it was given two very different and equally fabulous looks!
    Love the wedding pics, beautiful couple and your daughter is so pretty 🙂

the desk is lovely, but look at that beautiful bride!!!!!

Sounds like you had lots of fUn on your weekend jaunt!
    You find the luckiest treasures~I’m coming, you have to take me with you!

10. such a pretty blue. how awesome that it sold so fast, though not surprised since it such a pretty piece!

11. betsy says:

That is such a sweet little desk. Hard to believe anyone would be so cruel as to use it as a trashcan. It really looks like a Cinderella now!

12. Glad I didn’t miss this one. The little desk that could. Emma must be like an angle to you! Good for you 😉 Gorgeous bride!!!! (and groom) Love the wedding pics!

13. sharleen says:

Oh so lovely, If ever I found a desk like that I wouldn’t be able to part with it. Love the colours. Yes and what a beautiful bride. Life is so good .

Love the story of the once trashed little desk. It’s the circle of life in the furniture world! … And Britta loves so happy – what a beautiful bride!

15. Hetty says:

love the desk transformation – cute details on that desk and I always love two colors on furniture! How nice you showed us some pics of the bride, groom and your daughter. You are blessed Karen!

16. What a fantastic freebie find! I’ve been keeping my eyes peeled lately for a lucky find in that Victorian style.
    Sara

17. Beverly says:

What a fabulous find. The result is lovely. I like the blue paint on this piece.
    Have a great week,
    Bev
    @http://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com

18. Dina says:

Lucky desk you spotted it and picked it up!
    I think both finishes are gorgeous. Isn’t Chalk Paint a wonderful thing! Gotta love it.

19. Suzan says:

Just gorgeous Karen!!!
    The desk – and the young ladies!
    Popped over from Shabby Nest
    Big hugs,
    Suzan

20. Rondell says:

Just beautiful and I loved the story that goes with it! Beautiful couple and beautiful daughter!

21. Rhonda says:

Gorgeous!! I love what you did with the desk! Great, great job!! I had that exact desk when I was growing up!
    ~~~rhonda~~~

22. Stacey says:

Really pretty – so subtle!
    Thanks for sharing!