Trashy Tuesday, Rerun! Don’t hate me because of my good junque!

Le Junque

Welcome to Trashy Tuesday!  I hope everyone had a beautiful Memorial Day.   I am in Arizona making a video and hanging out with some of my friends at CeCe Caldwell’s!  I did get some good trash this past week, but ran out of time to share it with you…..so instead,  I am sharing some of the best of my trash from the past.  Enjoy.

Welcome to another addition of Trashy Tuesday, where we talk trash, literally…..

If you are of a certain age, do you remember those really dumb TV ads where a woman would appear on the screen and say, “don’t hate me because I am beautiful”, then she would flip her hair all around?

Well, I don’t have really beautiful hair, but I will say…..

Don’t Hate Me Because I Have Really, Really Good Luck at Finding Amazing Things Next to and On Top of Dumpsters

This is what I found just TODAY

I kid you not, these were all nicely stacked up next to my favorite dumpster. I just know someone is putting these things all around this dumpster, just for me!!

Can you believe this, there are EIGHT of them!!! Think of all the fun things I can do with these boxes, cute Graphics, fun paint, oh I can’t wait!

And really, please don’t hate me because I found this today…..it was near where I found THIS cart, hiding in the bushes, a couple of weeks ago

Someone just put this one in the dumpster cage. This is near Paris Flea Market, but if you live anywhere in that vicinity, no way am I revealing the secret location. I think there may be more goodies to come and I have stumbled onto something amazing here.

It even has casters and these cool locking hinges…..

Uber cool handles on the sides…..

And deep storage

Oh yes, as an after thought? On Saturday, on a really quick Apartment Dumpster run (early people), I found this framed artwork. The artwork will not be staying with me, but the frame certainly will. And the price? FREE!

Really, don’t hate me because I have good junk.

Update!  I antiqued the trunk a bit with Aging Wax and it sold in a flash last summer.  The cart ended up having a bad wheel, so my son and his friends are using it now as a complicated contraption they pull with their bikes.  (Why, I do not know).  I DID find another cart just like it several months later (near another dumpster).  That one got turned into a super cool bar cart.  Will share soon!

15 Comments

1. Sharleen

Yep, you simply have to “like ” it ” forget it” and it will appear. The hard part is the forgetting part. We are liking the same sort or stuff. It’s such fun to create a world like ours. Regards Sharleen the guru. 🙂

2. cassie

oooooh that trunk!!!!!!! i want it! 🙂

3. Pam

Karen – You found some AWESOME stuff!! great finds!

4. Elisha @ Pneumatic Addict

You’re in AZ?! My homeland! I’m sure CeCe has you swamped with awesome activties. Enjoy the sun while you’re here! It’s amazing what some people think is “junk” huh?

5. Sandra Fiffy

Are you sure someone is not planting these “fab finds” and video taping you? Then they go home and watch the video with all their friends laughing hysterically at how excited that trash picking lady gets when she finds them!!!
    I say “let em laugh” cause that is some wicked good stuff!

6. Catherine

Were you feelin’ some -attitude- uh, jealousy from cross country-!?!
    ~Y’know ain’t nObody findin’ the lucky stuff your do. Can’t get mad at our jealousy!
    ; ) Catherine

7. PS MacMurray

Leaving a comment improves karma? Just stopping by to see your junk does a pretty good job at it too. I think I’m going to start sending people I know who are down your way. Your enthusiasm and creativity should perk them right up. I imagine you setting up a therapy booth, like Lucy in Charlie Brown. Your advice: “Find junk that really excites you and call me in the morning!”

8. Therese @ Fresh Idea Studio

Oh my gosh! That metal box on wheels no less! You lucky girl, I’m so jealous! I don’t hate 😉 but I do wish I spied some trash as sweet as that!
    Love it!
    Oh, funny questions just came to mind: What’s the scariest or grossest thing you’ve ever come across when finding your terrific trash? Just curious.

9. Hetty

Nooooo, we won’t hate you because you have good junque!! But you sure are a lucky gal and I am always amazed what you do with it!

10. Deb @ Lake Girl Paints

Wow, that is some good junk! How fun. You will do awesome things with those.
    Looking forward to seeing your projects,
    Deb

11. Kelly @ Eclectically Vintage

I say that to my girls all the time – Don’t Hate me … yes, we have a very weird sense of humor in our house!!!

I don’t hate you – well, maybe just a tiny little bit! I wonder if it’s worth a ticket to CA to dumpster dive with you?! But how would I get my haul home?

12. cúralo

After I initially left a comment I seem to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox
    and now every time a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with
    the exact same comment. There has to be a way you can remove me from that service?
    Thank you!

13. Jaimie

Hi there Dear, are you truly visiting this site daily,
    if so after that you will without doubt obtain pleasant knowledge.

Submit a Comment