Trashy Tuesday, Junque Just Finds Me

Le Junque

Welcome to Trashy Tuesday, and oo la la, are we talking Trash today, but only the best kind of trash!

I have been trying to curb my junque addiction.  It is getting pretty warm here in the SF Bay Area, and I really would like my car to live in the garage this summer.  It is not just a dream, it can sometimes be a reality!  Remember this?

I have managed to stay (mostly) on task with the system Emma helped me set up.

But the Junque just follows me home sometimes!  It literally leaps into my car (well not exactly).  This last week I went out for my ONCE a week hunt.  (See how much better I am???).  I found the Grand Daddy of awesome Dumpster Furniture Dives.  I did not have to even make contact with a Dumpster.  This was sitting next to one, all parts were intact, even some hardware!

The top and the drawers need a bit of work, but the desk is SOLID wood. The drawers are Dove Tail construction. Sacre Blu!  Who could pass this up?

School is out for summer here.  On a drive one morning, this locker was just sitting on the curb!  It is smallish, not as cool as it cousins, the “heavy metal types”. Some paint, some new hardware. It can hang out in my garage for extra storage.

I am so excited about my trash finds, I need to sit down. Good thing I found these grimy, but hip retro chairs.  I am not sure they have been cleaned since the 60’s, when they were probably made. (Btw, if my friend Dana is reading this, I haven ‘t painted those cute stools you gave me, like two years ago!  But I am this week!)

I really could use some more chairs.  All the ones I have are in complete disrepair, or holding a lot of other stuff….

In case you are wondering, there are 6 cane back chairs in there with pads that I purchased for $5 each!  The two orange chairs are Dumpster Finds from last year.  I paid Mr. Red good money to start pulling the fabric off and staples out.  He has a problem with finishing tasks.  Cannot imagine where he gets this trait……

Excusez-moi, I have some Junque to attend to.

16 Comments

1. Susan

Love the desk! Crazy what people will throw away!

2. cindy the cottage chick

Wowsers Girl! I need your karma! That desk is divine. The stools are exactly what my son and his wife are looking for in their new kitchen. Indiana needs dumpsters like Cali. 🙂

3. Heidi @ Decor & More

That desk is AWESOME!!! Good luck getting that car in the garage! 😀
    xo Heidi

4. Jill Floryj

Pulling staples is my worst job – I’d pay well to have it done too!

5. Bliss

Forget my other comment….. where are the ocean breezes from the BAY, not San Diego.
    Bliss

6. Cynthia

Loving the desk you found and I can’t wait to see the transformation!

Cynthia

7. maf

So, where do you find the best dumpsters/dump sites (not specific to your area) generally?
    You find wonderful stuff!

8. Karen

OMG, what great finds! I am absolutely in love with that desk. No doubt about you, you find the best Junque.

9. Elisha @ Pneumatic Addict

Oh man, you’re either really patient or really lucky! Great stuff! Also, I’m in awe of your garage organization. Mine looks like a sawdust factory exploded.

10. Blondie

I am so glad I found you. I love your humor. Look forward to reading more (going backward/then forward).

11. Katie

What great finds! Good to know I’m not the only one collecting chairs that are collecting dust, lol. I will get to them some day, along with my new obsession with light fixtures, haha. Those drawers I saved may need to take a back seat…

12. Jayne

That desk is amazing as are those chrome chairs 🙂

13. Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

Love the desk but I also love the dresser storage idea! That is a lot of easy access and the peg board on the side is stroke of genius. I am now on the hunt!

14. Jeannie

The desk is great, and I know that you will make it fabulous. If I had a truck or van and a garage I would do the same thing. I had to pass up a beautiful antique desk today because I have no where to store it.
    Jeannie

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Dumpster Desk to French Glazed Desk - Redoux Interiors - […] months ago, I posted this desk on Trashy Tuesday. I had found it one glorious morning of Dumpster Diving at my…

Submit a Comment