Trashy Tuesday, Free is My Love Language

Le Junque

those folding chairs are fabulous!!!!! i wish trash cans would talk to me!

2. I seriously need Depends when I read your posts!! OH MY GOSH ~ you crack me up!!! I can totally see you crawling back and forth over that couch. I wish you could have seen me sandwiched between a solid oak armoire and the halfway point of our stairway. I thought I’d never be found.

• GTC says:

What is with us junker types??? We literally paint ourselves into corner, or in my case, bury myself in trash!

3. Teri says:

We’re packing up and moving from PA to NC. I managed to salvage and sell all of my projects in the basement before the actual packing began. I’ve completely cut myself off from dumpster diving for the last 3 weeks. I’m getting the shakes from trash withdrawal. And just like you the trash keeps finding me. I’ve seen more good stuff just sitting on the side of the road the last 3 weeks, but I can’t pick it up. So sad. Love what you are doing. Keep it up!

• LeeAnn says:

Oh Teri I feel your pain! I try to put myself on a NO dumpster diving or curbside rescuing program but it’s an addiction and every once in awhile….well maybe that’s more like, quite often … I fall off the wagon!
      I always try to justify my behavior with self-talk … oh but you’re doing such a good thing for the planet, etc etc….I wish people would stop throwing things ‘away’ since there is no ‘away’…it has to go someone you know?! We just have way tooooo much stuff in our lives and people get tired of the overwhelm of it all and toss it in the trash….it makes me a little (a LOT) crazy….and makes my husband and daughter even more so. I know I need to get control of the situation … I guess step one of my 12 step program will be..Do NOT drive anywhere on the day before, or day of, trash pickup!! But really, it’s out there every day of the week. Sometimes I post on freecycle if I see some curbside treasures that are too big for me to deal with…when it’s stuff that I know someone can rescue, reuse, redoux 🙂 etc. So, we are a crazy bunch but our mission makes total sense!

• GTC says:

Oh LeAnn, you have the disease too!!!! I think we have some addiction to the thrill of getting something for nothing, and the feel good emotion of saving something from a landfill is a huge added bonus. I can’t stop and I am sure I will end up on hoarders next year.

4. Sharleen says:

You hit the jackpot!!!!

5. awesome freebies!! and I second what Shelly said! 😉

6. LeeAnn says:

Oh the stuff has a way of finding me too!! I drove past a BIG trash heap the other day but when I reached the next STOP sign (hmmmm was that the Universe yelling at me?! …hahaha) … my car made a u-turn and took me back to investigate some of the stuff that was headed for the landfill. All kinds of good stuff! Some things in new unopened packages!! I’ll never understand why people think it’s ok to import things all the way from China just so they can throw it in our ever growing landfills! WTH guys! We can do better than this. I do my part (way more than my part according to my husband 🙂 and I will continue to do so and also encourage others to follow my lead…..it’s the least I can do for our beautiful Mother Earth
    Most of the rescued items I find go to a resale shop that supports an animal shelter….win win win situation!!
    Thanks …. to all the trashy Tuesday people, the redouxers, the curbside treasure hunters, the rescuers, the dumpster divas…keep up the good work my kindred spirits … we ARE making a huge difference 🙂

7. Good thing we don’t live near each other because it would a mad dash to the trash bin, and who knows what would happen!! I would do the same thing with the photo, but I would be just dying in laughter to take a picture. I’m the type that if I slip on ice and fall, I can’t get back up because I’m laughing too hard! :o) Keep up the good work!

8. Hetty says:

yes, it is inspiring and no, I do not understand why people leave their junk on the side of the road. Especially those dirty mattrasses..yuk! But..you found some treasures also.

9. gail says:

yep, doing my fair share of saving junk! Although I never find the kind of stuff you do. 🙂
    You’ve really got some fun things to work on with all this free stuff. have fun!

Thanks for your very sweet comment on Elizabeth & Co about my kitchen center. I appreciate it.

gail

10. That couch debacle is why we are twins separated at birth. Your junk finds? All kinds of awesome.

11. Blondie says:

Shared on G+; would like to repost; but I would need your permission first. Happy diving!

12. You’re an asset to junkers everywhere – now come over and help me keep my basement/garage clean!