Trashy Tuesday, The Secret Stash, Boarder Patrol and Pleather

Le Junque

More trashy goodness! The guy in the sofa photo is too funny! He’s right, what you do is definitely an art!And I can’t wait to see your new ottoman!

2. Michelle says:

Is it insane that I’m so jealous of your dumpster diving? I keep saying I just need to do it, but then I lose my nerve. Anyway, great finds!! I love reading your blog!

• GTC says:

Michelle, just start small. Seriously, after you have tried it once, and it is scary that first time! Then it feels perfectly normal, and pretty soon you are doing this in broad daylight and your kids are long past being mortified and are looking with you. Wait a minute, is this a good thing or a bad thing? I can only imagine what their friends will think when they carry on the tradition (hopefully) at college!

• Michelle says:

I did it! I didn’t find a thing, but I did a cruise by some apartment dumpsters! I’m no stranger to picking up trash off the curb, but my family is absolutely dead set against being in the car when I do it. Tonight I scored a crib frame on the curb that’s in perfect shape!! So can’t wait to put together one of those great crib benches! 🙂

3. Jayne says:

this may be my favorite post so far, it’s really REAL! I wish I had a camera crew as I would make the most fabulous documentary about you! I recently found a dumpster in an Ace parking lot and as I slowly drove by I saw a giant cushion type “thing” and it was covered in vintage ticking, the real thing! You should have seen the looks on peoples faces as they watched me drag this thing into my car! but nothing matched the expressions on my husbands and sons faces when I showed them my “score”! I thought of you the whole time 🙂

• GTC says:

Jayne this is fantabulous!!! I love that other people are putting pride aside and realizing there is no shame, only gain in dumpster diving. What a cool find! Thank you so much for your sweet compliments. You are getting the condensed version of my trashy week. I don’t know that the real thing is so exciting! Dirty, dark and sometimes just blek! But that high I get when I find something? Priceless!

4. Sheryl says:

ahh….Love the junk post ..such goodness..such inspiration…You Rock….Sheryl

5. I love those bins too and grab them whenever I can! My boys would like that sign too – great finds, Karen! 🙂

6. elaine simmons says:

What a haul! I would love to see what you do with everything you found. Among the plates it looks like there is a plastic cover to use when you want to cover something in the microwave. I love mine, use it all the time.

7. Sandra says:

As always; I love, love, love your Trashy Tuesday. I was lucky and stumbled upon a small media cabinet on the curb; I am hoping to repaint soon. By soon, I mean sometime with the next year lol

8. If you weren’t’ married with a family I would say that man by the dumpster is your soul mate!
    K

9. Suffering Husband says:

I’d be jealous if the man by the dumpster were not a zombie.
    You don’t want to know what was in the bag!

10. cripes you are good! and tall apparently….Love the cubby box. Jealous of that find. I will have to study your methods post and get cracking…
    XO, Kim