The Master Redoux List of 2014, or TMI Decorating

Furniture and Cabinetry Redouxs, Good Time Charlie, Le Junque

1. Wow, you have some pretty big plans to conquer! LOVE the railing and how they trimmed out the stairs. Hats off to you for taking that project on. I also can’t wait to see what you do with your laundry room. You should see the grungy Michigan Basement I have to spend my time in; your husband’s head would be in between the floor joists if he tried to stand up down there. I loved your outside wall of doors but can see how if there weren’t some kind of poles dug down and anchored in the ground, how the same thing could happen again. What about a wall of palms or some type of tall evergreens in large pots to create a wall? I’ve seen this done in Maui; I’ll try to dig up a picture of this lady’s house. She built a retaining wall out of those stacking blocks from Lowes just the right height to sit on then planted some kind of tall palm plants all the way across. Made for a very pretty backdrop.

2. kirby says:

I have a ton of projects that need to get done. Not sure how many of them I will actually accomplish…

3. Elaine says:

Well at least you are ambitious thinking! lol……..but you have an excuse……..twins! Mine twins are all grown now but I didn’t always get the projects done either that I should have.

4. Good luck on your list. I have a giant list too for 2014… We are never done with projects here because my mind keeps making up new ones! (-:

5. karin says:

Welp, thanks for making me feel so much better about my DEAD LAUNDRY FAIRY..LOL! As I type this I am looking across at my other couch in the living room that is stacked to the ceiling with laundry that is suppose to be folded…I guess the folding fairy is dead too! 🙂
    Those stairs are going to be INSANELY BEAUTIFUL! I already know it! I just got a new magazine and to add POP of color without a lot of work they painted just the spindles a gorgeous color. Everything else was neutral and it was amazing! I am so excited to see what you do.
    My brain hasn’t even turned onto what projects will be next here..I am just trying to get my kids back to school after break and now they are already saying negative 30 windchills for Monday so my kids might not even go back then….CALGON take me away!!
    Love ya Girl,
    can’t wait to see what you do!
    Hugs
    Karin

That is a pretty darn aggressive list. But if anyone can accomplish it, you can. However, if you do nothing else, for the love of God please paint that green and get friends for the two pine cones.

7. Joan says:

Love your post! I don’t feel so bad and all alone about the state of my garage and sunroom. You’ve inspired me to make a project list. All the best in 2014!

8. Your twig rendering could be the next viral thing in 2014!

Here’s to decluttering, purging and getting some stuff accomplished!!

9. I have the same problem with stairs but have not yet ripped up the carpet. I’m not sure I can handle the mdf underneath. I have dreams of something like this, http://www.pinterest.com/pin/82050024431264107/
    I’d like to use black paint for the risers ( to hide the dirty kick marks) with images other than numbers, possibly punctuation symbols or something that looks like typewriter keys. Don’t even get me started on French doors. Been waiting for years to have them in my bedroom leading out to the hot tub. Total dreamland has me packing it all in and living in an A-frame home on a brook.

time to kick 2014 where it counts!

11. Cindie says:

I feel like you are my “twin” sister because I have the same project woes for both inside & outside. The only difference is: We rent our 1200 sq ft home and it’s stuffed to the max. Our laundry room is in a packed garage! Here’s to the magic project fairies……..All the best in 2014. Yes, we can do it, right?

12. keya says:

You had me laughing a lot today! loved the furniture pile, glad to know that I’m not the only one ;), Your stairs are going to be lovely, can’t wait to see the reveal!

13. Kelly T says:

If anyone could get through a list like that I believe you can!!
    I am planning to repaint my whole downstairs area, living room, family room and kitchen for starters. I’m going to attempt to make my own curtains with a friends help haha and may even try to upholster a chair that I have. For my kitchen I would love to be able to paint the cabinets and also the countertop. I have a china cabinet waiting in the garage along with a buffet that I’m turning into a tv table but will have to wait till it warms up for that because there is no heat in the garage. I just got new flooring in the house so I’m afraid I would have a mess…I know my limits with paint!
    I hope with calling in a few favors from friends I may be able to get it done!!
    Wish you good luck on getting your list done too!!

14. Liisa says:

Looks like a lot of fun! Get the small easy stuff done first so you feel like you are checking things off that list.
    You are the queen of paint, it will take you no time to paint the dinning room table. If we ever get any rain, rainy days are great days to work on the bedroom. Always feels go good to get it done and you will sleep better at night. Girl this year is all about you and your home… Have Fun!

15. Even unfinished… the stairs are fantastic!! Wow. I love them, and the mouldings too. I’ve only hung tree things back up since painting. I don’t want to commit to the nail holes. lol. Your laundry room is killer. Mine is shared with a half bath. Which is good enough, but sometimes I miss the giant one from the last house. Great potential in there though and lots of storage. Nice!! My list is growing too. It’s not ready to be blogged about but almost. Cheers to the possibilities in 2014.

16. Looks like we both have ALOT of projects to tackle in 2014. Good luck to both of us! LOL

Erica

17. OH my goodness… I never even thought for a second to show everyone my before…and what I plan to do with them this year!! What a fabulous idea…really! And what a great way to kick my butt in gear and get it done! I mean who wants those photos out there without a good “after” right? 😉
    I have lots of what you posted here(very similar “befores”!!)…hoping I can get to it all this year!
    Love your staircase, we redid ours some years ago and its so much better. (but straight and boring unlike your pretty curved one!!)
    Can’t wait to see what you do with it all!!
    xo
    Nancy

18. If the fairies do arrive, will you send them my way when they’re done??! At least I feel a little better about you having such a superior kitchen to mine now that I’ve seen your sad and lonely mantel 🙂 Can’t wait to see what you wow us with this year! XO

19. ann says:

Of all your posts, this is my favorite!! You’ve made me laugh, and made me feel not quite so bad about my half-finished projects. Good luck with that list, guess I’ll get to work on mine.

20. Roeshel says:

You can do it! And I look forward to watching and cheering you on! : )

21. Danielle says:

Wow! You have a long to do list, but I know you’ll do it. Mine is pretty long too. We can cheer eachother on together! x

22. mj says:

I feel for you, girl, but cry me a river…LOL

If I had a blog, you’d feel a lot better about your house, I’m quite sure.
    A storage unit would solve your problems for now.
    You just take pieces out one at a time, til they are done. (Start them AFTER you work on the walls and stairs). FOCUS GIRL

I agree with Bliss….ditch that nausea-inducing green paint first. Surely that was not one of YOUR choices!!!!

On my mythical blog, that I have not time and energy to start, you could see pics of my basement and workshop. 2000 sq. ft. of “stuff” and unfinished projects–and a three room rec area, uncompleted.

Plus the “studio” upstairs, which has become a hoarders paradise in the last few years. Too many ideas, too little energy left. btw, you wanna see lamps? those would make blog fodder–and beat out your little collection of little lamps. With them all, I hardly ever have enough shades to have the right shade at the right time for the current lamp.Lamps and chairs—-my weakness, along with orphan furniture.

Thanks for the tip on old carpet. I’m just itching to start tearing up a section at a time and putting down nice wood flooring. (LOL so hard my sides ache!!!) Not gonna happen this year!

Your bid, watcha got to top mine? LOL LOL

My l;ist has two items on it…..a new septic tank and a nap EVERY Afternoon.

Have a successful and blessed year……

23. mj says:

To get to the meat of your post. …Spinning is a good way to put it. I spin first in one direction then another. Today I went shopping before the nap. Bringing in food is a good excuse for not accomplishing much, right? LOL

Good luck, girl. When you figure it out, will you tell me how? Especially how to get that carpet up……..without missing my nap…….