Garage Organized using Junk. Part Deux

Le Junque, Tutorials

1. Ha! I love these posts… you are keeping it real. It is so hard when we do what we do and stay neat and organized. Someone told me once that she is so glad she is not a creative person because “those” people don’t stop thinking. It is true. I swear I can be completely organized and a week later, it looks awful again because my mind keeps rambling onto the next thing. UGH!

that looks so good compared to my garage. i am so ashamed.

• GTC says:

Cassie, I live in a region where we can be outside 100% of the year. If I lived in snow, my garage would be too cold to clean it!

3. Lamar Lambert says:

Please be careful with that table saw. Two experienced craftsmen I know have maimed their thumbs with them.

4. I consider my garage “clean” if there is a path to walk through. I am jealous of your space and awesome friend!

5. Debbie says:

Hi Karen
    I don’t know what happened but I am no longer recieving your email blogs. I tried to sign up again but it says I’m already subscribed to your blog.

• GTC says:

Debbie, I am so sorry! I will try to see if you are on the mailchimp list. I am out of town but will check in a few days. Thank you so much for coming by without the email reminder!

Karen, I have to reorganize quite often! I love it when it’s all clean and neat and tidy but when I’m creating i just can’t keep it that way. So every now and then when the piles become too deep and I’m not finding any of my tools I have to take a day and reorganize! The mess that accumulates just means you were creating good stuff and having fun and making money 🙂

7. Ok, now you’re freaking me out! We are getting buried in furniture over here too. We literally had every single thing cleared out a week ago to make room for a workshop and then I blinked. There are so many projects scattered about, we can barely wiggle through it all. How can that possibly happen in a week? We can’t even blame the kids, this is our own mess!!

I was trying to make my way around all our treasures to make room for more projects and a light bulb went on. I grabbed one of our chairs and dangled it over the edge of our loft smiling from ear to ear (doesn’t take much to humor me). Yesterday, I threw all my screw-in hooks into a box and hauled them into our shop. I asked my uncle to hang our chairs from the wall just over the loft so they would be up and out of the way. I even have the same color hooks!

• GTC says:

I get so mad at myself when the whole garage gets overloaded in just a matter of days. I am so glad the hook for chairs system is working for you! Don’t you wish you could hang everything from the ceiling! Send me a picture!! I want to see your workshop full of furniture!!!

8. I love how your “collection” of chairs is hanging from the ceiling, haha. Clever idea 🙂

• GTC says:

Thanks Katie!! I was staring at them and realized I had the hooks in the ceiling from hanging drop cloths. It just clicked and cleared floor space too!

9. Wendy says:

What a great space to create in! I love how you have all of paints so handy! My husband has “relocated” my work stuff out of the garage to one of the porches. I’m thinking I might have to pretty it up using a dresser. 😉

• GTC says:

Thank you so much Wendy! Luckily, my husband claims no part of the garage! I don’t know if that is always good or not. I am the only one responsible when a huge mess occurs!