Trashy Tuesday Dumpster Diving DIY, Filing Cabinet, Sewing Cabinet and le garage

Le Junque

1. Fran says:

Such great stories. I love the chair and sewing cabinet too. I also seen your poor finger over on instagram with the fight with the dumpster. I have to say that is dedication. Keep up the good work, always love to see your post..

2. Gigi Harlan says:

I love your finds! How nice of you friend to give you that lovely sewing cabinet! I can’t wait to see what you do with it all!

Gigi @ Old World Patina

3. I am glad you won the dumpster fight! Keep up the good fight!

4. The chair seat looks like Swiss cheese because those are ventilation holes to keep it cooler when it’s hot out. You might look underneath the seat to see if there are holes around the edge of the opening. Those wood “lids” were often used to cover a worn-out caned seat on chairs.

5. LeeAnn says:

Great finds! Can’t wait to see what you do with the sewing cabinet. I rescued one from a thrift store years ago. They weren’t selling it they were going to throw it into the dumpster! I said ‘oh no, I’ll put that into my car if you don’t mind’ … alas, the cute sewing cabinet which has great potential has been in my garage ever since. I love the idea of adding wheels and making it a rolling island.
    I hope to ‘redoux’ it soon!
    Love your website….thanks for sharing all these great ideas with us
    Happy Earth Day!!

Great finds Karen – I LOVE that chair! If I lived close to you I’d be begging you to let me buy it from you!

7. Barbara Ann says:

I didnt know that CeCe’s would work so well on metal. I have 2 small metal cash boxes I will try this on.
    See ya round the dumpster.
    Barbara Ann

Uh—Karen?
    You won’t mind my stealing those baluster table legs–right?!?