I Have Some Hang Ups, Headboard Turned Chalkboard

Furniture and Cabinetry Redouxs, Le Junque, Tutorials, Upcycled Decor & Accessories

I have some Hang ups, Headboard Turned Chalkboard

Don’t we all have hang ups?  This is not the place you came for Armchair Psychology.  However, trust, me I have plenty of expertise in this area 😉  Here is a new hangup for you you, a headboard turned chalkboard!

headboard turned chalkboard BANNER redouxinteriors

I love making coat racks from discarded things.  I love making anything from discarded things.  Coat Racks are one of my favorites.  Why?  They take relatively little time, and everyone needs one!

I got this piece that started life as a head board from a friend.  I chopped the legs off.  It was Base Coated it in CeCe Caldwell’s Virginia Chestnut.  I painted the center with chalkboard paint.  Umm, the before picture magically disappeared…..

I went over the Virginia Chestnut with Vintage White.  Lightly distressed, added hooks, and there you have it.

Coat Rack headboard close up

Now it is a  total and complete hang up.

headboard turned chalkboard redouxinteriors

For my next issue, I mean project.  I took this old piece of  scrap wood I found a longggg time ago when my friends were dumpster diving with me.  You can read about that adventure HERE.  I finally got over the fact that it wasn’t getting any prettier against the side of my house.

Here I am actually pulling it out of the dumpster!

Stuck in Dumpster

I cleaned up two old drawer fronts from my “Stash”.  BTW, I find more broken drawers than anything else, and trust me, you WANT those drawer fronts, they make the coolest signs, etc.

For the large piece of strange scrap wood, we painted it in Seattle Mist, then I waxed it and went over it with CeCe Caldwell’s Aging Dust.  The Coolest new product!

For the top Drawer front I painted it with Chalkboard paint.

For the bottom, I used another Drawer Front, painted it in Vintage White and added the hooks.

Don’t you say anything about my Chalk writing skills.   That is a different hang up altogether.

Coat from junk 1

Both projects wanted to hang around here for a while, but I scooted them off to Paris Flea.

I think I have my hang ups hung up now.

Feel free to hang around, but you won’t get hung if you don’t hang out.

signature

PS This post originally aired in May of 2013.  I am hung up on reruns for the moment

This project is hanging out with these friends this week:

DIY Show Off

vif187

Furniture Feature FridaysFunky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

19 Comments

1. Fran

So inspiring, now I can’t wait to make a coat rack. I just found some old trim from an abandoned building that this would be great for. Thanks for the inspiration.

2. cassie

love it!!! and you are just too cute…. love you!

3. Heidi @ Decor & More

The headboard makeover is my fave — it’s amazing! hang-ups and all!
    xo Heidi

4. Cynthia

Love the headboard makeover, it turned out great!

Cynthia

5. Jill Floryj

Great stuff as always Karen! You do the coolest makeovers!

6. Thistle

You are hilarious! Love the headboard makeover!!!

Have blessed and amazing day!
    karianne

7. Katie Murphy

These are both awesome! I love the vintage white against the chalkboard 🙂
    ~Katie

8. Katsy

Those are way cute. Loving the paint colors, and I must say, I never stopped to think how useful drawer fronts are, but you’re so right! By the way, is it my imagination, or does your script look like Nana’s handwriting!?!

9. Angie @ Knick of Time

LOVE it, Karen! I love turning headboards into coat racks as well. Thanks for sharing at Knick of Time Tuesday – I’ll be featuring you next week at the party and I shared this on FB.

10. Mixed Kreations

Love the coat racks! Way cool. I use to dumpster dive at a cabinet shop long time ago, but I use o find some great pieces of wood. Hmm I wonder if the cabinet shop is still there. I will have to go check and see now. Thanks for the inspirations. Found you on Project Inspired.

11. Liz @ Quirky Vistas

I’m with you on drawer fronts. They are so handy. I just used three of them to make a cart top. Love all your hangups and the pick of you in the dumpster. Classic!
    Liz

12. Nancy @ Artsy Chicks Rule

Love the headboard….and the dumpster diving! 😉 Don’t ya just love being able to share these kinds of things with like minded people…because I would so do that too! haha Thanks so much for sharing it at Project Inspire{d} 🙂 Pinning!
    Nancy

13. Danielle

So sweet. I love how this came out! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

14. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co.

Cute and functional! And nobody looks better in a dumpster!

15. Barry

WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for ms family safety live

16. text loans

Easiest Language To Study
    Because of to its will need to hunt smaller vermin, the text loans Shepherd loves to dig, and is very
    very good at performing so. It is not unconventional for this
    breed to dig a gap less than a fence inside the make a difference of only
    a couple minutes. The English Shepherd must be adequately secured or supervised when outdoors.

It is real English bulldogs have these bodily qualities. Nonetheless, the character traits involved with them are not
    true. Bulldogs are really affectionate, faithful, and light in direction of people
    today.
    ADAPTABILITY – a lousy writer normally has trouble adapting
    to various writing kinds or specifications. Appear at writing samples with
    an eye towards seeing how perfectly the author adapts to unique styles and subject areas.

Think about it for a minute – if a writer isn’t really extensive sufficient to operate a very simple spell-test and grammar-examine on their materials, what else do they dismiss or not give their total interest?
    If you are in crying have to have of cash and are not able to wait till the future payday then you can selections for no credit history look at quick expression loans. These financial loans enable the debtors to get their brief-expression financial crisis devoid of any hold off. What’s
    more, despite obtaining the credit score examine, the bank loan can be received by men and women who have good credit history and also the
    folks who has a terrible credit score ranking.
    It’s a make any difference of reality that, these financial loans are centered on the ability of the repayments.
    Ideal Model – a poor writer will also have problems adopting a model that’s suitable for the
    issue at hand. Shell out attention to how the writer matches fashion
    with topic and note any incongruence or awkward pairings.

Up coming in the streak is DISH Community Latino Pack.
    This stunning DISH Tv Pack will not only cheer up all
    the Spanish persons in Usa but also to all those people People in america who
    are passionate about Latin leisure. The a great
    deal hyped Latino packages of DISH Community in United states of
    america comprise of unbelievable DISH MXICO @ $19.99 per month, entertaining DISH LATINO Clsico
    @ $22.ninety nine for each thirty day period, elating DISH LATINO
    Dos @ $29.99 for every thirty day period and revitalizing DISH LATINO Max @ $forty
    two.ninety nine every month. If you opt for any of these marvelous DISH Latino Packages for yourselves or for your mates
    and family, they will get $ten Price cut for 1 yr on Latino Clasico & Latino Moreover and $fifteen Low cost for 1 12 months on Latino Dos
    and Max.
    Even even though it is a fairly young region in light-weight of earth heritage,
    the United States has turn into a global superpower, exclusively after Environment War II.
    America has a hand in politics, economics,
    and tradition about the entire world. As these, English is turning out to be far more and extra essential as a worldwide language.
    When you add the impact of The usa in today’s worldwide economic system to the historic and current influence of Fantastic Britain, knowing English gets just about necessary to carrying out business enterprise in the current financial current market. short term loans online loans

17. Beth

Love this! I have two of them for sale in my shop right now. 🙂

Submit a Comment