Dumpster Floral Makeover For Halloween with Mod Podge or how to make a Halloween Floral Arrangement!
I love a good makeover. Especially if it is something I found for free, and I had some FREE goodies to make it over with, like this box of goodies I received from Mod Podge!
I removed the Floral arrangement from the container and spray-painted the flowers in black and silver. Then I turned my attention to the container. I painted the entire thing in Folk Art Multi-Surface Paint in Charcoal Black. Just two coats, and it was midnight black. Looking creepy already!
I had so much fun with the next steps. I created my own letters for BOO! and SPOOKY! With Hot Glue! I used Mod Podge’s Silicone Craft Mat, you can use Hot Glue right on it to create whatever designs you like, or you can even use their gorgeous new Mod Podge Melts Glitters.
I had fun adding some witchy purple to the letters with Folk Art Craft paint in Purple. I used a pencil eraser to dab on the paint in dots.
Now for those fun little skulls. I used Mod Podge Molds. You squirt Hot Glue, or one of their Melts into the Silicone Mold and when it sets up, you have a fun little decal! I made a Sugar Skull from Hot Glue! There are endless mats from Mod Podge for every theme. Letters and numbers too. I embellished the skulls with more of the Purple Paint. Check out those feet too! They are sporting creepy Purple Polish on those bony toes!
I love my Halloween Floral arrangement. Happy Halloween! BOO!
Mod Podge has endless fun tools to help you create something fun for Halloween or any fun project for your home or a gift. Check out these other fun projects from Mod Podge!
Here are some projects to try:
Check out this fun Pinterest board for Decoden, a new craze of amazing little pieces of art
For even more info on all the amazing products Plaid and Mod Podge offer check out these sites:
- Plaid Website: http://www.plaidonline.com/
- The Plaid Palette Blog: http://www.plaidonline.com/blog – The Plaid Palette is a source of inspiration with news about new product introductions, project ideas, tutorials from Plaid’s craft experts and giveaways.
- Newsletter: https://www.plaidonline.com/craft-newsletter-signup.aspx – Sign up for Plaid’s email newsletter for special coupons, project ideas and more!
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/plaidcrafts – Plaid’s YouTube channel features videos with product demonstration, special seasonal projects and ideas from top Craft Experts.
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/plaidcrafts
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspiredByPlaid
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/plaidcrafts – A look into daily life at Plaid and project inspiration.
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/plaidcrafts
- Google+: http://plus.google.com/+PlaidOnline
I wrote this post as part of a paid campaign with (client’s name) and Blueprint Social. The opinions in this post are my own.