Trashy Tuesday Dumpster Diving Delights

Le Junque

1. Jenifer Robb says:

You find the best junk! All I seem to be able to find are gross used mattresses and yard waste!

• GTC says:

Jennifer! Try this. Visualize what you want to find. Like really think about it. Then start going out at end of month/beginning of month, Saturday afternoon after garage sales, etc. You would be amazed at what you start to hone in on when you really put it in your head that you will find something good.

• Jenifer Robb says:

Ok Creative Visualization…..I’m going to try it this Saturday….I’ll do the garage sales in the morning then I’ll scope the after effects in the afternoon. I will report my findings 🙂

Jen

2. Patty Soriano says:

Karen, I can’t recall…. what do you do with the things that you re-finesse? Some bloggers say they are taking the item to a booth in a store or to some sort of fair. But you ?

• GTC says:

Hi Patty, I used to take them to my space to sell when I had a little rented spot. Now I use them myself, sometimes donate them, or sell them on my neighborhood FB page. (Which has been surprisingly successful!) Thanks for asking 🙂

• Patty Soriano says:

Thank you, Karen. I’ve got projects but just didn’t know what to do with them. Not sure I want to commit to our local antique mall, but the neighborhood FB page sounds like a good idea. Thanks, bunches !

• GTC says:

You are so welcome Patty. I have used Craigs list once or twice, but found the FB sites were better. Good luck 🙂

3. That molding!!! What a lucky find!! Love seeing what you drag home! XOXO

• GTC says:

Thanks Christ! I chopped some of it up today to use for an upcoming CeCe Caldwell’s retailer training. You can show so much fun technique with all that yummy detail.

YOU. are SO. LUCKY.
    I want those sticks of crown molding–do you know how much those would’ve cost? O!M!G!

• GTC says:

I do!!! Because I NEVER buy it. Too expensive. I feel like I need to hoard the rest of it until I figure out something really amazing to do with it. Downside, it had these huge nail/staples in the back, but they didn’t go through to the front. I paid my 14 year old son to sit there and pull 100’s of nails out of each one today 😉