Blah Bookshelf to Ballards Knockoff

Furniture and Cabinetry Redouxs, Tutorials

1. How fabulous!! What a difference that makes…

2. Nine Red says:

Stunning! You really are a pro! I'm going to feature this project on my blog, and I'll be sure to link back to you!!

3. So, sooooo cute. Love the chic B&W fabric. This could go virtually anywhere and look fab. Love it. Lots!!

4. I love it! I had been thinking about getting a cheapy bookcase, now I will!
    Debbie

5. Fiona says:

Good legs make all the difference!

6. Good job – this is now designer-worthy!

7. GO Gray's says:

love the fabric. It's my new love!!!!

8. It looks fantastic – a lovely transformation!

9. Great idea! Love those bun feet, it is just what it needed!

10. Katie says:

Beautiful! Love the added feet and fabric.

11. Oh, the LEGS!!!!! Gee whiz, I think I have lots of stuff that needs some of those bun feet (not legs, I guess..) haha. Simply gorgeous!

12. Lovely! I keep thinking of you…I am working on a piece of furniture…I bought this entertainment center (low and long) to go under the new TV for $20…but alas I never finish my furniture projects…but I am inspired and I need some of those bun feet. Hopefully I will have something t show soon! I have to prime that thing this weekend!

13. Myric says:

You made an amazing job!!

xo
    Myric

14. Ashley says:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!!!!! You're aaaa—maze—-ing!
    Thanks for stoppin by!

15. Ruth says:

Fabulous. The addition if the feet make it look so much more elegant. Love the fabric back, too.
    Ruth

16. Love the little feet you added. Really changes the look of the shelf. Great fabric too!

17. Nicole says:

I love all the little details that made such a difference!(Not just the paint, but the fabric and feet.)

18. Amy says:

I love the feet! I have a tall bookshelf I would love to fix up like this! It looks really good!

19. That is fantastic! The feet and fabric completely transform it and it looks lovely. 🙂 Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

20. I love this! So amazingly transformed. I adore the fabric and black/white combo. SO cute!!

21. that looks beautiful now- it's such a classic!

22. what a fabulous shelf! I love it 🙂 I never would have thought of adding legs to an ordinary piece of furniture, it makes an amazing difference!

23. Mandy says:

Karen – fabulous as always!

24. Kim says:

Some of your pictures are broken I hope you will repost I really want to try this!!!

25. Money Cat says:

Have you noticed that the links to your pictures are broken? I would appreciate it if you would let me know once your have reestablished them. Thank you.

26. I’ve been m.i.a. lately on checking in over here … I blame it on vacation!
    Anyway…saw someone had pinned this little dresser and just had to come over and tell you how much I adore it. And then I am seeing just how many pieces of furniture you’ve completed. I am truly in awe!!!
    Mike
    http://www.recreatedesigncompany.com (formerly Blue Velvet Chair)

27. Erin Snyder says:

Love, love, love this! I’ve been looking for a cheap bookshelf to refinish and also for inspiration on how to do it. Thanks to you, I have the inspiration….now I just need the shelf. Thanks!
    ~Erin
    Neaten Your Nest

28. Jennifer says:

Whew, I found it! I saw this all over PInterest, but all the pins link to http://www.stuff-and-nonsense.net/2012_02_01_archive.html and I couldn’t find it there! Thankfully you watermarked your picture and then I was able to find it by looking in your project gallery. Such a fabulous idea…I want to try it. Glad I found you–I always make sure my pins direct to the original source!

29. Neysa says:

Hello! I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a couple minutes of your time to help myself and some classmates in some home improvement research.
    Thank you so much and have a happy new year!

30. LN123 says:

This was a great idea and looks very easy to do!!!!

Could you please take a moment to fill out an anonymous 5min survey to help Pace University students understand the home improvement industry by clicking the link below.

Thank you!!

31. martha says:

I have an ugly yard sale find book case I want to try this with. Thanks

32. Emma says:

If you’re short on fabric, check out places like Home Goods and Marshalls for cheap yet sturdy very cool designed gift wrap to back the shelves instead. I did just this with my AWFUL rental kitchen cabinets. Took off the doors to lighten the room, and simply taped the paper on its reverse, and attached to the cabinet backs. It can be easily removed… yay!

33. Hi, I’ve tried to purchase the plates that the feet screw into and can’t find them. Please, are they called something else.

34. Patsy says:

I just bought a bookcase for $3 off of Craig’s and this is exactly what I want to do to it, then turn around and sell it for a profit. I redo old furniture to help fund my animal rescue work. I

35. Sarah says:

Ahhh, love those little feet!

36. Love it! A gorgeous look…

37. kim Goodwin says:

Could you please tell me where you found the legs?

38. WOW, stunning makeover! You’d never know that it wasn’t a pricy bookcase

• GTC says:

Thank you so much Virginia. Funny, I loved that project, and apparently everyone else does to. It still comes up in my top ten everyday. I love making over cheap bookshelves, easy and a great way to get an expensive look for practically nothing.

39. liza says:

fabulous idee, congratulation!!

40. […] Blah Bookshelf to Ballards Knockoff: Add feet and wallpaper to a cheap bookcase! Easy and cheap to do for your furniture makeover! See the instructions via redouxinteriors. […]

41. Sandra says:

Does anyone know what the fabric is please?

• GTC says:

Hi Sandra, I purchased this fabric about 10 years ago. It is a Waverly fabric, so they may still make it. Good luck!

42. Elena says:

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I’m
    quite certain I’ll learn many new stuff right here!
    Best of luck for the next!

43. […] While we are on the subject of Dumpster Bookshelves and Fabric…..This is one of my most pinned and popular posts EVER. It has literally been pinned millions of times since this blog post was first published about 8 years ago. It was an easy project to complete. All you need is a cheap bookshelf, some fabric and some bun legs from Home Depot. Check out how to get this look by visiting THIS POST. […]