Trashy Tuesday, That old Metal Trunk, plus my junque

Furniture and Cabinetry Redouxs, Le Junque

love it! it looks galvanized- too cool!

2. That trunk is to die for, Karen! Wonder why I don’t ever come across anything “free??” Maybe I need to change my route. 🙂

3. Lori says:

Oh my gosh that is soooo cool!!! I love how it came out and I love that it was free!!

That is a truly awesome piece! I would be excited to find something like that! And I was just asking a friend recently if there was a way to age metal – now I know what to use!

Can’t believe you didn’t take that old icky mattress from the dump site. Oh wait….. What if it had those cool bed springs inside it? Go back!

~Bliss~

6. man i love the junque in your trunque!! xo

7. Who says young is in – obviously this aged beauty gets all the hoots and hollers! Even Lily agrees!

8. Jax… how do you find out about all these cool finishes? I can’t believe you found that in a dumpster!!! You must have a lot of wealthy people around you to throw out some of the things you’ve found. AHmazing!!!

9. Deborah says:

Awesome find! the finish turned out perfect. I can’t believe you can actually let it go!

10. Pamela says:

Your talent amazes me lady!

11. Liz says:

How dare they defile your sacred spot! Looks like you made up for it finding that trunk. Seriously, I’m going out to drive through our industrial area asap. You never do know what those people will be trashing next.

Liz

12. Natalie says:

I seriously LOVE this trunk! It would go perfectly in my house! You are so talented! I started a week linky party called Pretty Things Thursday and would love for you to come by and link up – this weeks party is still up and running! http://www.johnnyinadress.com/2012/07/pretty-things-thursday-1.html

Natalie from Johnny In A Dress!

13. Marilyn says:

OMG this is GORGEOUS! I LOVE the dark wax!

You achieved a wonderful finish Karen!

15. Gigi Harlan says:

I love the patina you created! Absolutely gorgeous! You find the most amazing things!

• GTC says:

Thank you so much Gigi! I love coming up with new Patinas, apparently you do too!! Love the blog name, coming over to check that out!

16. Evelyn says:

Is the Jax instant aging solution the same as what their website calls
    their darkeners? Also can it be used on any metal or just the copper,
    brass and bronze that the website refers to?
    Love the trunk.

• GTC says:

Hi Eveln, yes the Jax and darkener are the same thing. I have used it on Galvanized Steel a couple of times, with great results. Thanks for your comment 🙂