Two Wrongs don’t make a Right, But Black and White Chairs Make a Bench!

Furniture and Cabinetry Redouxs

1. My favorite expression ~ but my kids are sick of it – lol! Great Bench, isn’t Vermont Slate beautiful!!!

Very cool Karen! I love the black and the awesome fabric. And of course it’s repurposing at it’s best!

so cute! it’s a perfect week for black and white i think.

4. Deb Siemens says:

Karen,
    This is a very creative effort and turned out so well,
    Congratulations!
    Hope it makes for a quick sale!

That is really cute! What a great idea!

6. Linda says:

Very creative idea! I have two extra chairs and I’m going to copy you (if you don’t mind!)
    Love that fabric.

7. Cynthia says:

Very clever. I love how this project turned out. Great results.

Cynthia

8. Your bench rocks! Love your creativeness, with that and a little CeCe you can do anything!

9. Jill says:

So awesome! What a great idea!!

10. Loving the black and white, Karen! Bet that bench won’t last long… 🙂
    xo Heidi

11. Karen Schulz says:

That is so so so clever. thanks for all the inspiration you give.

12. Jo says:

Now that’s a fantastic idea,would be great at the foot of my bed…just send it to me,teehe.
    I’m visiting from Debbiedoo’s.

13. Super cute and smart idea.

14. Perfect for your twins … or my twins! Maybe you should call it the Twin Chair!

15. LOVE it! Now I need a pair of matching chairs….

16. look at you, at it again .. i think this whole chair to bench idea is contagious … i’d love to find a pair of old beauts. nice work!!

17. Tess says:

Oh for heaven’s sake! You did it again le kare. I’m so into this black and white motif lately…not exactly by design…just happen to have a ton of the same paint and lots to paint. I’m laughing at some of the before shots in the background. Looks so much like my garage…er, um shop! I have that stool too…a couple of them, actually, waiting for help!!!!

18. Katherine Landreneau says:

Girl! You ROCK! Awesome!
    Katherine

19. Amadna says:

That would look so cute at the end of a bed! What a great idea.

20. ColetteMarie says:

I absolutely love your bench! What a great idea. I saw 2 great old chairs @ a local junk shop the other day for $5 each. This would have been a perfect idea for them, but of course, I didn’t buy the chairs since I already have too many chairs & it never occured to me that I could make a bench like this.

I am wondering, though, how you covered the 2 chairs with one complete pad & uphostery. I have repadded individual chairs & reupholstered them before. Did you cut one padding straight across & not use the one chair’s existing pad at all?
    Thanks for your help!!

ColetteMarie

21. Michele says:

Wow, this is just the bench I’ve been thinking of to go with the vanity I’m refinishing!!!! Uhhhg, i could have picked the chairs when i bought the vanity last sunday. My car was too full!!! I’m new so check out my Vintage Halloween Apron post here, And please, please, please give me a linky or FB “like” at sewsweetvintage.com Thanks. Michele

22. Girl, you are genius! This was one fabulous idea.

23. Susan Freeman says:

love the bench, what I really like is the way the back of the chairs have a back bend.

Wonderful job,

24. Pamela says:

Too cute Karen!! Love it! Thanx for linking up! I hope to have something done to share at your party soon.

25. nina says:

I saw them in person at Paris Flea, wish I had a place for it.

26. Oh wow this idea is just brilliant. The minute i saw it i had to make it. I had so many idle dining room chairs randomly placed around the house now they’ve turned into a cute bench. I posted it on my blog. Here is the link http://deliciousanddiy.wordpress.com/2013/12/28/diy-dining-room-chairs-transformed-into-a-bench/

27. Just want to say your article is as astonishing. The clearness for your publish is just nice and that i could suppose you are a professional in this subject.
    Well together with your permission let me to take hold
    of your feed to keep updated with imminent post.
    Thanks 1,000,000 and please carry on the enjoyable work.