Sea Glass Blue Side Table

Furniture and Cabinetry Redouxs, Tutorials

1. Love that gold wax treatment! Enjoy the day, Karen!
    xo Heidi

2. This little table is really a great example of how paint can turn a blah piece into a true statement piece. Your vision is always spot-on. Love the two knobs.
    <3 Kim

3. Just the name alone is lovely but to behold it…ahhh! Every girl needs a little glam in her life…no question….and this piece provides it! It’s a little bit of vintage, a little bit of coastal charm, and a whole lot of glamour! Talk about a focal point!!! Love it, love it, love it!

4. It’s lovely, Karen! Pinned for inspiration! ~Lisa

5. Karen,
    I love the Sea Glass color and Gold Wax glimmer. I am pinning and definitely doing this process in my lake home. I have a cherished china cabinet from my brother who has passed away. I have been searching for a finish to honor this piece. I am excited about the possibilities of this project. Thank you for inspiring me!!!
    Karen Marie

• GTC says:

Thank you so much Karen Marie! I am sorry for your family with your brother gone. What a beautiful way to honor is memory!

6. Bridget says:

Love the color combination!

7. Kathy says:

Karen… this is BEAUTIFUL!!! Both my favorite colors and the gold wax gives it the shimmery glass touch! Love it!!

8. Lamar Lambert says:

Some of your best work.

9. Laura :) says:

That is seriously gorgeous!! The layering with the gold is super elegant yet it has that aged look and those blues…omg, I love it!!!! I have a little table here that’s been crying for a makeover but nothing has inspired me as much as this!! Time to break out the paint!!! 🙂

• GTC says:

thank you so much Laura! Amazing how some paint and gold can transform something! Good luck with your project.

10. That turned out just beautiful, what a pretty colour that sea glass is and it goes great with the gold wax!

• GTC says:

Thank you so much Heather! I love that gold wax so much. I will have to stop myself from putting it on everything!

11. This came out so great! I love the cross hatch application first to enhance detail. Beautiful color combination!!

• GTC says:

Thank you so much Karah! Painting in a cross hatch could seem like breaking the rules, but it just adds interest!

12. Jennelise says:

What an incredible piece! I just love it!
    Jennelise

13. Barbara Bussey says:

Great post and step by step explanation of the technique. I need to be more of a risk taker, when painting!
    Cheers!,
    Barbara

• GTC says:

Thank you so much Barbara!! One more reason I love using CeCe Caldwell’s paints. You can take tons of risks and if you don’t like it, you can wipe it off before you seal it!

14. So lovely! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature: http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/03/anything-blue-friday-week-52.html Hope to see you again at the little blue soiree! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse