Trashy Tuesday Decorate a Bedroom from a Dumpster

Le Junque

1. Fonda Rush says:

You could make the mirror into a necklace/bracelet holder by filling the center hole with recycled wood and hammering in a few (decorative) nails, but I’m sure you already have an idea or two. Good grabs!

2. Gigi Harlan says:

Great finds! That dresser is wonderful and will look especially great when you put your special touch on it! The sleigh bed and frame…winners!!

3. chris aka monkey says:

wow i would love to have that dresser for my bedroom, can’t wait to see what you do with it xx

4. susie says:

Oh, good for you! I get so happy seeing your treasures!
    Several years ago we were dropping things off at the nearest Goodwill 50 miles away and out by their dumpster was a complete, antique sleigh bed. Gorgeous finish. But we had no way to get it home in our small, stuffed with people, car. I still think about that bed……
    And there must be a regular supply of furniture left at that dumpster, that Goodwill doesn’t take big items, so people just leave their big donations at the dumpster.
    Man, I wish I had a truck and a couple of guys to haul stuff……

• GTC says:

Susie you need to borrow someone’s truck and make another trip to your Goodwill! I definitely cannot find things like that at any Thrift Store here. They think they are Antique stores with prices to match!

You kill me with the incredible-cOOl stuff you find in and about your dumpsters. . .
    -I want that dresser-

6. you lucked out again! I had a furniture fairy drop off a twin bed and a huge piece of tempered glass the other day on my front porch. My suffering husband said, “Really?!?!?, now we have people delivering their junk to you???” I found out it was a woman I work with and it was a great bed!

You CAN decorate with trash!

7. Tinkerbolt says:

fill the open area of the frame with screen or chicken wire (I used screen) & hang your French hook earrings & made little hooks from wire to hang hoops & other jewelry from.