Everything Good Must Have Raw Places

Good Time Charlie

1. Wow, this hits really close to home. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for almost 2 years. I just went in for a procedure this morning and I’m hoping to hell-o that it works. We have no children yet and I am still young but we have been dreaming of a baby(s) for years. I would love to be so lucky as to get two at one time! It’s actually something I’m hoping for. These last two years have been so stressful, but just like you, it has definitely brought my husband and I much closer. We’re stronger than we ever were and he has been my rock. Every month when I get that big negative a little piece of me breaks away from this dream ever coming a reality. I am so sorry for your years of loss, I can only pray I could be as strong as you in such a circumstance. Your children are beautiful, and despite having a few “raw” places, they are yours! I love reading your blog and I love that you get real from time to time. This post almost brought me to tears (don’t feel bad, almost anything does!) but it gives me hope. Take today to have some raw places. I’ll see you back at good tomorrow.
    XOXO,
    Rachel

2. Melinda says:

I’m your new biggest fan! Can’t even tell you how I found your blog, but I’ve read all of your past posts and love your enthusiastic life!! After reading your post with tears in both eyes, it brought me back to my past experiences. After before each of my 3 children were born I lost a baby, 3 total miscarriages. Like you (no twins here, though), each time of year that they were taken are always bitter sweet. Would the 3 I’ve come to love and cherish be here or what if they had been taken instead. Hard to think about… THANK YOU for being you and taking time to write your blog! Please, keep up the fantastic work!

3. barb blair says:

Well my friend, I felt a little piece of my heart tug away while reading this post. I am so proud of how you wrote this post with such truth, honesty, strength, and beauty of spirit.

Much love to you. xo

4. I don’t even know what to say – you are such a fabulous mom and I am so sorry for all of your losses.

Enjoy your kids – time does go by too quickly. It’s funny, we do a little happy dance when they start school each year (my girls just finished their first year of middle school!) but when they’re not here (summer camp), I find myself going into their rooms every day and looking for pictures of them at camp online.

Keep on sharing who you are – we are here for you.

5. Kris Pare says:

I am a new follower this past month. Beautiful open post. I have 1 little one (or not so little–going to be 5 in a few months) from fertility treatments (plural)-many years of surgeries, failed treatments, and life changing ways of eating, thought processes, and alternative medicine- a long journey that I had to take. We are blessed –even on the hard days. I grab her little hand and squish it just to remind me in the end, its all good. The spirit will hold true, wavering at times as we are human, but it will help us all in our journeys. Take care, Kris

6. Holly says:

Okay, wiping away the tears…what a beautiful post. Thank you so much for sharing it. Enjoy your beautiful family and the summer.

7. Vanessa says:

Oh my friend! This was so beautiful and you are so right “everything good must have raw places.” My own story is different but you know how much I understand the longing for children and I am so sorry for the losses you experienced. I truly believe that the joys in our lives are made sweeter by the painful parts of the journey. Thanks so much for sharing from your heart with us!
    Vanessa

wow, karen- i had no idea you went through all of this. thank you so much for sharing- you are a wonderful mom, and i am sure you have a keener appreciation for your children than i can ever fathom. and i am so glad that you have come out a stronger woman- i know it.

9. Heather says:

Oddly,
    Listening to Dave Matthews as I’m reading this post. You broke my hert and filled it back up. I adore my three ‘babies’…ages 24, 22, and 18! My nest is emptying and I am only 44 years old! I am grateful for every minute I have shared with them and excited to help them fledge into their own lives.

10. Kathy Nielsen, Eugene, OR says:

My dear friend, I was so heart broken to learn of your miscarriages and the ache that it leaves behind. Yes, the Lord does answer prayers in his time not ours and he gives us just exactly what we need when we need it. Sometimes we just don’t know why things happen the way they do. I’m sure the Lord does.. The Lord has blessed with a good, loving husband and three wonderful, healthy children. And….. to top all that He has given you a creative mind. I would say that all the heartache and strife only made you a more stronger person. What do you think?????