Junk Love – the strangest junking story ever told

Good Time Charlie, Le Junque

1. WOW..those are the moments that really make you thankful. I wish my 10 year old had seen that when she was complaining this morning of having to have a cheese sandwich instead of a left over slice of pizza in her lunch. Ruined her morning….until we got our hearts straight in the car with a little worship and Kari Jobe. I have not forgoten about you. As I was doing laundry I realized I forgot to send you those codes. I am 6 days behind on housework. When your down and out…it doesn't clean itself:) I'll email you in a bit! It's looking great!!

2. Eugenia says:

Hello I love to read your posts I am from Costa Rica and I feel good because I though I was the only one picking up trash … My mother does not like it at all, but they don’t understand how excited I feel when I see a treasure and I know already what to do with it and how it will look finished… At least I know now one person does the same stuff that I do and feels the same way when I see a piece of junk excuse a piece of work art….

3. Karen, see I get a blessing out of reading some of your ‘old’ posts too. I’m sure that man was so relieved and happy to have your cans. No telling just what was going on with his family for him to have to get out and get cans to make $ for food. Yes, we are all blessed more than we ever realize, whether we are in our cozy homes with lots of food in the cupboard and fridge and freezer, or feeling sorry for ourselves because the neighbors have some new item that we don’t! Now that is an extreme, but so true sometimes. Again, I’ll say it – I love your blog. Keep it up. Carol Lindberg Kansas girl. whoops, old Lady!

4. Wonderful story and well worth sharing annually! Sometimes it’s easy to forget that it could be so much worse.

5. 1 Peter 4:10-11

10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Keep do your thang! You inspire us ALL!

6. Lamar Lambert says:

First, Happy Valentine’s Day! I have one of those headlights too that my wife thinks is a hoot. Now, about that Diet Pepsi- we have got to get you off those artificial sweeteners. Think seltzer! A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants!

7. Diana says:

What a wonderful story on the day of Love. You showed great compassion and that shows who you are as a human being. Sending much love and appreciation to a special person. We should always be grateful for all things big and small and treat others the way we want to be treated. Happy Valentines Day! Smile……

• GTC says:

Thank you so much Diana! That experience will always remind me of how very blessed I am. It was a gift for me to be able to help someone else in such a simple way. Hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day.

8. colette says:

How very sad for that man and his family.
    He must have been really desperate!!
    So glad you helped him.
    this story will stay with me now.
    Hope i can help someone like you did

• GTC says:

It was my blessing to share the story, and to experience it in the first place. Thank you so much for stopping by Colette.

9. well said. always keep your eyes open for the least of these. They are everywhere.

10. Now you’re the crazy lady with the headlight on her forehead rummaging through people’s dumpsters at 5 am! Oh what a difference a few years make.
    And makes us count our blessings that we dive because we want to – not because we have to. Happy Hearts Day my friend!

11. LuAnn Braley says:

Amen. This almost brought tears to my eyes, because my family has been at both ends of that spectrum.

• GTC says:

Thank you so much LuAnn. I hope you never find yourself on the searching for cans to support your family spectrum again. However, I am sure you appreciate everything you do have. Yes, we live in a nation of abundance.

12. What a touching story of generosity and thankfulness. Oddly appropriate for this day of Love. And an interesting slant on the One Man’s Trash is Another Man’s Treasure, especially for this man who was so dedicated to supporting his family. Thanks for sharing.

13. Michele says:

Wonderful post and the best ending: but help myself to remember that abundance is every where. Even in our junk.

Praise the Lord for Him using you to help that man and give you a gentle reminder of your blessings!

14. Patty Soriano says:

I’m so glad that you had the cans to share. We see people often going up and down the roads here looking for cans. When I’m in the right place at the right time, I will share. There but for the grace of God go I…. I will often repeat.

15. Dolores says:

Great story.

16. Sheila says:

Good on you for helping the fellow out girl !!! When I, personally, take my life for granted and miss Gods grace in my life, all I need to do is think of people like this fellow and it really hits home that I’m better than ok and where do these people go to lay their heads down at night ? How do they survive ? These people are an inspiration to me and I look for them all the time. They right the sometimes cruel world we live in and show me I don’t have it so bad. Bless you sweetie 🙂

Sheila

• GTC says:

Sheila, this is the sweetest comment! Thank you so much for coming by and taking the time to write this.

17. Debra says:

Great story. I love it when we are able to help someone( you don’t even know) and to know that it is truly appreciated.

• GTC says:

Thanks Debra for digging back in my old posts to read this! I think about this every time I have a big bag of recyclables.