1. karin says:

I freakin love this piece..Love the layered lok…but I just have one question….YOU IRON? LOL
    How in the heck do you find time for THAT…:)
    Hugs,
    Karin

2. gorgeous karen! I really like the colors you chose to layer!

3. That is so pretty! I can’t believe you did it that quickly!
    You iron??? I used to iron, way back when. I do have an iron. I use it when I sew. Ah, that is not very often, either. Why would one iron, or sew, when there are so many unwanted, neglected, abandoned pieces of furniture crying out for help? See, here is my method of clothes management: Take the clothes out of the basket, and set it near the dryer. When you need a piece, toss it in the dryer for a few seconds, then put it on right away. No wrinkles!
    (My environmentally-conscious, obsessive/complusive daughter, (who does iron,) insists this is a waste of electricity, but I figure it doesn’t take any more energy than heating the iron and ironing. And it saves my energy for the poor furniture. )

That is beautiful! Young Kansas Wheat is one of the colors I want to try from CeeCee!

5. Nina says:

So bummed I will miss how you layer using Virginia brown. I will put this technique on my to do list. However still trying to get the hang of using the aging wax.

6. Hetty says:

So pretty! Love the layered look – you choose beautiful shades. It is time to purchase cece’s paint.

7. Rita O'Dwyer says:

One of the prettiest pieces I’ve seen in a long time. Very nice.

We need a title for someone who can distress furniture so well. What ‘ya wanna call yourself?

Bliss

WoW–beautiful color range!
    ps, so glad you’re back!

10. It’s GORGEOUS Karen! I can see why it sold right away. I wish you could see my face right now because my jaw dropped when I saw your picture. I pulled the same two colors to use on the armoire I’m doing next week! It’s literally stacked inside with the hardware removed patiently waiting it’s turn. I can’t wait to do it!! LOVE how your dresser turned out, that’s just how I’m imagining it to be!!! Wish we were neighbors!! ps – it’s SNOWING

11. Kelly Duhon says:

Love it! Hope you a doing well (as well as can be expected). You’ve been in my thoughts.

12. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Such a pretty finish Karen, what a transformation… I’ve got a piece 1/2 started with this combo as well – a low wide (heavy) habersham buffet – I dont know if i’ll ever finish it, it’s got the VC on and one door with Young Wheat (and I think a little Seattle Mist) but it’s become the perfect dumping ground for collecting stuff on top… your piece is going to prompt me to get her done!

13. Thereasa Gargano says:

Wow! Incredibly gorgeous. I love it!

14. Smashing, Karen! Love the aging touch.
    xo Heidi

15. kim says:

This is such a rich, gorgeous look, love it!

16. carrie says:

I love this dresser! Did you layer the clear wax and then do the darker wax? Or did you mix them together?

17. nancy says:

This is beautiful! I chose similar colors but am not getting that effect. I may have to try CeCe’s paints.

What is the lighter gray color you used? You mention only Virginia Chestnuts and Kansas Wheat.

Hope you have other projects to show!

18. Louie says:

That is a great tip especially to those fresh to the
    blogosphere. Simple but very accurate info… Appreciate
    your sharing this one. A must read post!

19. […] You might want to check out some of these Dresser Makeovers too for more inspiration. Jewelry Dresser Makeover […]