How To Get The Chippy Paint Look

Furniture and Cabinetry Redouxs, Tutorials

1. What a beautiful table! I want to try out that technique with the canning wax too, love that chippy look!!

2. You are an artistic genius! I not only LOVE the technique (the fact you are willing to share it) but the color is amazing! I found this quote and immediately thought of you and how well you speak “that language”.

There are infinite shadings of light and shadows and colors… it’s an extraordinarily subtle language. Figuring out how to speak that language is a lifetime job.

Conrad Hall

3. You did a great job on this Miss Berg =-) and continue to show us how much of a smarty you are! Canning Wax…now that is thinking outside the preserves…
    <3, Kim

4. Thanks for sharing Karen. I like the idea of being able to “control the chipping”.

5. Love your little table, turned out great Karen!!

6. Shaun Roney says:

What a beauty! I especially love the shade. Perfect hue to add together with all that chippiness. Love it!

7. Love it–thanks for sharing! I use an old candle to get chippy and to make distressing edges easier. Have a good day!

8. Great finish, and love that soft coral. A similar color could be achieved with one of our whites, a drop or two of the orange and a drop or so of Traverse City Cherry, for those that can’t find Portland.

great tip- i love the chippy look! i have seen similar pieces done with vaseline but have yet to try!

10. Elsie R says:

You are so inspiring and TALENTED, Karen! Love this. I’m sharing on my 2 Chicks and Some Paint page. 🙂 Thanks for sharing!!! 🙂

11. Claudine says:

Love it, Karen!!! I never thought if mixing these two colours!!!! I love Portland Rose and still have it! Yaaayyyy!
    Will add to my list of projects!!!! Thank you!!! Xoxoxo

12. Susan says:

This is so awesome, Karen! I have the perfect piece to try this technique on.

13. JP says:

Getting ready to re-do our coffee table….I think this is the way I’ll go! Thanks for posting!
    JP your new follower 😉

14. Nancherrow says:

Love it! Why does chippy furniture have so much more charm and character than non-chippy? Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

Alison
    Nancherrow

15. Love the result. I think I will try this.

16. Sharon says:

Love it! I was sure you were going to say Vaseline… the wax is a new to me tip. I can’t wait to try it!

17. Karen, this is soooo pretty and I LOVE the chippy look! Pinned 🙂

18. That table is adorable! I love it all chippy. I think I need to try one of these projects.

Thanks for linking up to our Twirl and Take a Bow Party! Hope to see you again next week!

19. Beth says:

Could you use the same wax you use as a top coat?

20. Patty Soriano says:

Canning Wax ? Really ?! Who knew? Well, obviously, you did. Thank you for the hint, Karen. I ADORE little tables and this one is the cutest! Sweet! So, is there something to put on the piece after you paint it so that it won’t continue chipping off ?

21. BethGay Frerman says:

I love this so much!!! I wish I had found you and the blog so much sooner!! But its never too late!!!