1. Maria B says:

I found you on BlogHer. I love this idea and will have give it a try. Pinned and following on GFC
    Maria
    @ Krafty Cards etc.

2. Hi Karen – Such a great idea. I can think of so many places where I could tuck one of those.

Mary @ Orphans With Makeup

perfect! love the fun color, too!

What a fun and practical idea! And I love the pop of color!

This is on my list of things to make. I need some under my bed. I was going to buy some then I saw the crazy prices for just ugly plastic ones.

6. kae says:

WOW!!!!! What a great idea just in the nick of time! I am refinishing a “man-robe” and want shelves instead of drawers. I was trying to figure out what I could do with those really sturdy drawers. Now I know…thanks so much.

Great idea! I will have to try this for a storage solution for under my girls bed! And thanks for the shout out about the pillow 🙂

8. Been meaning to convert some old drawers into toy storage under my kid’s beds. Thanks for the tip on the wheels that go in any direction. I wouldn’t have thought of that.

9. chrisb says:

Awesome idea! I live in a small mobile home, small bedroom, small closet, no storage space, as usual w/older mobile homes. This will get my shoes out of a laundry basket in my closet floor & under my bed, where I can access them them a whole lot easier than digging through a basket in a small closet! Thanks!!

10. Pam says:

That turned out very cute. Now I have something to do with all those single dresser drawers I find while thrifting.

11. Shauna says:

So smart! Love that beautiful red color!

12. I have a few drawers in the garage, now I need to get busy! I love the big knobs you put on them too!

• GTC says:

Thank you. If there is a Hobby Lobby near you, that is where I purchased those oversized knobs. They are fun because they are to scale with the drawer.

13. Karen,
    The free storage project out of a drawer is very creative. I have 2 drawers left over from a previous project. My Hubby wanted to throw them out. I said no. Now I know what to do with them.
    Thanks for sharing your creativity,
    Karen Marie
    Dragonfly & Lily Pads

14. […] Number 2 – Dumpster Drawer Turned Rolling Shoe Storage […]

15. […] Is your house literally full of junk?  Mine is, in a roundabout way.  If you are new here, take a look at my junk makeovers.  About 90% of the furniture in my house is upcycled, JUNK.  Exhibit A.  My Bench Made Entirely of Junk complete with Shoe Storage from an Old Drawer. […]

16. […] and that drawer underneath? That was a Dumpster Find too.  It has served my family well as our shoe hideaway.  It’s […]

17. […] in kid’s rooms? I love storage that rolls under anything. I did a similar project with an old drawer that is under my bench made of junk. This idea is so genius. Any old tall bookshelf could work. […]