Transforming a Trunk with CeCe Caldwell’s Paint Tricks

Accessories, Furniture and Cabinetry Redouxs, Furniture Makeovers, Upcycled Decor & Accessories

1. OMG! I adore this! That pop of turquoise inside is to die for! I have never bothered with vintage trunks because they can be groddy, but if it was painted I wouldn’t worry about it. I love the distressed finish of the outside as well, it’s perfect!

2. Diana says:

The distressed look worked great, but the turquoise is perfect. Turquoise and aqua are turning out to be my new pop colors. They’re a nice change to what has been popular.

3. Paula @ OMearas Cottage Charm says:

Simply beautiful..as usual! Your attention to detail in impeccable…not to mention your ability to think outside the box!

I have never redone a trunk, mostly because I left bad ones behind not thinking I could transform them with paint, so I have no canvas.

love it! you know i love those casters and hello fun color inside!

6. That turned out great!! Love the pop of colour and the casters – too cool!!

7. Ann Marie says:

What a super job you did. I love the turquoise pop, and the casters are the perfect fin

8. Great Transformation! I really like the pop of blue inside.

9. Hey Toots,
    Totally taunted by your terrific transformation! Tops to trying turquoise too!

Ta-ta,
    [email protected]

10. I just made myself giggle….

11. Francine says:

Really nice! It is made perfect with the wheels!

12. I love this indeed!! The aging is amazing on the outside. Wow!

13. Bridget says:

The pop of color makes me happy! Looks amazing; I would want it open all the time! The casters are a great addition!

14. Love how this turned out! I am in the middle of transforming a trunk. I wouldn’t have thought to add the pop of color to the inside. I think I may have to do that! Thanks for the inspiration!

15. Karen, your trunk turned out awesome!! LOVE it!

16. Danielle says:

I love your trunk. The pop of color is so fun too! x

17. I believe this has my name on it! 😉 I love the wheels {always do!} and that turquoise is the perfect complement ~ featuring you tonight at Project Inspire{d} ~ thanks so much for sharing at last week’s party.

hugs, mary beth

18. Elsie R says:

Karen, L.O.V.E it! I have an old metal trunk that is my Uncle’s from the Korean war…painted an obnoxious blue (therefore, it’s sitting in my garage!)… BUT, I will be pulling it out and giving it a make-over. Thanks for the inspiration! You rock!

• GTC says:

Thank you so much Elsie! I can’t wait to see that! You will have to share at my weekend link party when you make it over. Glad it is coming out from under the bed!

19. That color inside makes me smile, I LOVE it and what a fun surprise! I have a small briefcase/suitcase I want to upcycle into something and I love the idea of a fun pop of color inside. Pinned 🙂

• GTC says:

Thank you so much Katie! Santa Fe Turquoise has always been and still is my favorite CeCe Caldwell’s color. I love it inside stuff too!

20. Madaline Foglesong says:

Hi! This is great. I want to try something similar on my coffee table/end tables. I’ve ordered all the CeCe paints but am having a hard time finding/ordering the Modern Masters colorants. Are these two colorants still available through Modern Masters? (Or is there something I’m missing because I’m no professional – do you maybe have to mix some colors together to achieve the “coffee bean” and “aged mahogany” color? Is that what a color book is for, to tell you those things?) I emailed Modern Masters for help but just wondered if maybe you had a quick answer? If not that’s ok too! I am assuming you are incredibly busy because you are incredibly talented.

• GTC says:

Hi, not all the colors are available directly through Modern Masters. If you have a Kelly Moore Paint store nearby, they carry some of the Modern Masters line. If not, I order from a Modern Masters retailer: [email protected]

21. Sarah J says:

This is great! I have a blue foot locker trunk from high school that I’d hate to toss but it just doesn’t fit in my decor. You know, I’m such a design savvy 30 something 😉 Awesome inspiration!

• GTC says:

Hey Sarah, so glad you got some inspiration here! That foot locker sounds cool! Those things are hot items, I am sure you can make it look gorgeous. Thanks for stopping by 🙂

22. This trunk is gorgeous! I love the transformation!

23. Amazing transformation1 I love it! Found you on The Makers link up =)