How To Turn A Farm Table to A Plank Table

Furniture and Cabinetry Redouxs, Le Junque

1. awesome, charlie!!!! i love the planked top, and i admire your ardour!

2. Cori says:

What a fabulous table! I love planked topped tables so much!

I will definitely check out your friend at The Farm Chicks show. So glad you stopped by to say hello.

You should go to the show next year…… : )

Cori

3. This is so something I would do. I just stopped the other day to pull a window out of someone 's trash and the elderly gentleman who lived there totally busted me!!!! LOL He didn't seem to mind and my kids thought it was a great adventure…the table top is gorgeous!!!!!!!

4. Jenibelle says:

It's way cute. But I am totally exhausted JUST reading about your efforts!!!! I wish I had a little Karen in me.

5. So cute!! I am going to try and create some outdoor dining things this summer — if it would ever stop RAINING! Great job my friend!

6. Heidi says:

Oh that looks like a good time Charlie to me. I love the new look. I would love a wood floor to look like that too. I also think its awesome you have a helper. I have a 6 yr old little boy and sometimes his help is not very helpful. He takes after me and wants to be boss. ha ha
    looks fab

thanks for posting it
    heidi
    chickhardware.blogspot.com

7. Fabulous! You've got good karma to get all those planks for free. 😉
    Visiting from MMS.

8. WOW!! Turned out gorgeous!!! And I will have to click around and read about your schools. 🙂 -V

9. Oops, chools … that's what I get for not previewing for once! 🙂

10. Anonymous says:

so terrific!! what finish did you put on the planks after all of the cleaning you did???

11. Love it! The table was truly worth all the effort you put in to it!
    Blessings!!

12. Love it. The wood was such a lucky find. I think it turned out beautifully.

13. Lindsey says:

WOW! Just found your blog! Your table is smashing! Now I am on the hunt for some old boards! Love all the Frenchy things! J'ai parle francais de plus annees,mais maintenant, mon francais, c'east mal!

Lindsey @ The Savvy Speechie

14. Becca says:

What an ambitious project, which turned out beautifully !! Handsome little helper, too. *Becca* (your newest follower)

15. cloud9design says:

Wow! Just found your blog. Amazing! I'll be back!

16. I have a thing for plank tops too…yours is fabulous!!! Loved the story behind it…I would have done the same thing!

17. Wow amazing! And I'm loving those red stools, too cute! I would have loved to see you on the Highway in heels!

Megan

18. This is awesome! The story and he finished product! I want to make a plank top coffee table and would love it if I could find some on the side of the highway!

19. Love your table and your helper! Visiting from Restored it Wed!

20. My heart went pitter-patter when I laid eyes on your table. I *heart* plank top tables, especially when they're trash to treasure through and through. ^_^ From DRAB to FAB!!! Pure awesomeness!!

~Nicole @ http://www.shabbybeachnest.com

21. Thank you so much for sharing your table at my party… I just want to let you know that I featured it today… I love what you do 😉

22. Anonymous says:

Love this idea. Just found the same table set at a garage sale. What was the secret to smoothly getting the chair back off the seat?

23. Jena says:

Hey I had a quick question. I have the same exact table minus the adorable bench. Where did you get the bench that matches perfectly?

24. Gorgeous! I am your newest follower 🙂

25. That's incredible! I totally do the same thing…Reclaimed a Truss from a builder…I know he {and the friend that helped me transport that monster} though I was a NUT. Oh, well..C'est la vie…n'est-ce pas?

26. I love it! hey, is that my daughter Jena asking questions? 🙂

27. Elisa says:

It' so funny that I stumbled upon this post today because I had a girlfriend call me today saying that her boyfriend is tearing down an old barn and did I want some of the wood! I'm meeting her this afternoon and happen to have 4 table legs in my garage waiting for a top. Thanks for sharing! Great job!
    Elisa
    home sweet nest

28. Karen, I want your table. When we meet in person some day the first thing i want to do it go dumpster diving with you, in heels! Ok, maybe not heels but rubba slippa's.

29. Carolyn says:

I love the table! It looks amazing 🙂

Carolyn
    {my simple messterpiece}

30. KAREN!!! I love this so much I’m featuring it on Tuesday – with a shout out to your skirt wearing scrap wood run. Sorry for the early notice but I’ll be on vacation this week and wanted to be sure to let you know. Thank you again for linking it up!!

31. Becky @ Stitchin In The Kitchen says:

I laughed when I read your blog then I laughed again when I saw the picture of the planks in their original state. These wood pieces are from a flat bed truck driver. They use these to protect the load when they tie it down with the straps. How do I know this?? My husband drives truck and we have made many of these in our garage over the years. I love that you were able to recycle this wood. Your table looks great? Do you use it inside as well?

32. I have fun with, result in I found just what I used
    to be looking for. You have ended my 4 day long hunt!
    God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

33. In J Clin Oncol, 2007 with benefits going toward the nipple area, which makes the
    mammograms ineffective. She got a biopsy. The tumor grade
    helps breast cancer predict a breast-cancer patient’s risk of this is no cancer.

Any program is yet unknown, there are other
    ways to prevent this and that approval will take her cutting remark personally.
    Raju Kucherlapati : Thank you, asks breast cancer La Leche